Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Faux Bamboo Furniture

The other morning on craigslist I found a faux bamboo dresser for $30! It was an absolute steal so I had to get it. It wasn't until I picked it up that I found out it had been in a smoke filled house and smelled awful. I drove home with my windows down and changed my clothes when I got home because the smell was so strong.

I let the dresser air out a couple days in the back parking area of our apartment and then moved it down to the basement. I hope to clean it up, sand it down and repaint it. If I can get the smoke smell out I know it will be a beautiful piece of furniture.

In honor of my new dresser (who has seen better days) I wanted to show you some great faux bamboo pieces that create another level of interest and texture to a room.

Faux bamboo side table

 Faux bamboo nesting tables

 Faux bamboo credenza


 My two favorite gold faux bamboo mirrors which are both show in pretty pink rooms. I would give anything to have one of these.

 Faux bamboo chippendale chairs in a Jonathan Adler design

Faux bamboo chippendale chairs in the home of designer Diane Bergeron

images via pinterest, centsational girl, lonny

How do you feel about faux bamboo? My husband called it wicker. No! It is not wicker. Some people still like wicker, I am not one of those people. Never did like it and I don't think I ever will.

2 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me. I bought a faux bamboo coffee table off of Craigslist that stunk to high heaven of cigarettes. I wiped it down with a mixture of vinegar and water to help get the smell out. It took days, but it finally went away. You might also want to put baking soda in the drawers. And of course, if you paint it, that would help to seal in the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love bamboo furniture. Especially bamboo chairs! I'm constantly on the hunt for a pair!! Thanks for sharing. :) jaranat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...