Thursday, June 2, 2011

Foo Dogs!!!!

Foo dogs, I think, add a creative, bright, eclectic feel to a space. Now, obviously you could get this same kind of feel with some other accent piece, but foo dogs are what I am loving. I had never drifted toward asian design or accent pieces in the past, but I have come to love the architectural build and just completely unique look of asian inspired pieces.

I found some "Foo dogs" at my parents house, but they were small, leaned too much towards the lion looking side and just didn't sit right with me. THEN!!!! Last night I walk into Hobby Lobby to grab another canvas for a project I am working on and spot these:


These guys are more Foo dog looking, they are lighter and have a more creative pose. They are also larger than the "Foo lions" my parents had and I have been needing some larger objects around the house to avoid the trinket-nick-nack look. The best part was that these little guys were $15 a piece and %50 off. $15 for these two guys?! How could I pass it up?

BUT. After 10 minutes of walking around with one under each arm I put them back telling myself two things: 1) I  shouldn't spend money on these little guys because I have maxed out my design budget for. . . .  a while. 2) We are moving in two months and I can not be bringing things home that I will have to pack up and move. The new rule, until we move, if something comes in then something must come out.

However, by the time I fell asleep last night I had figured out a solution to my two reasons not to but them: 1) I am selling our old lamps which will cover the cost of the Foo dogs and 2) they will take the moving space that those old lamps were going to take up as well as the "Foo lions" I had found at my parent's house. So, guess who is coming home with me today after spending only $16.02? These guys!


Yes. I am excited. Extremely.


All that being said, check out these foo dogs used throughout these rooms. I haven't decided which bold color my little guys are going to be. I am leaning towards either the usual blue or perhaps orange!

 via here

 via here

 via here

 via here

via here

 via here

 via here

 via here

 via here

via here

 via here

 via here

via here

I'm ready to get my "Foo" on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...