Friday, April 1, 2011

My perfect room I wouldn't have picked

This weekend took too long to get here. I am off to enjoy the gorgeous spring weather that I hope is here to stay. My husband and I are getting together with family to watch this. Before I leave, though, I wanted to show you my perfect room.


The first time I saw this room I was in love.

Let me know if you know the source for this photo. I'm sorry that I can't remember.

I don't think I would have designed it up in my head for myself, but once I saw it it made sense. A floor to ceiling one whole wall window equals my insane love for natural light. I love the spacious feel while still having stocked bookshelves, plenty of seating. It's a filled room, but so airy at the same time. I am a sucker for organization and straight lines and this room keeps with the clutter free, organized, crisp feel while still looking lived in.

It is easy for me to see myself sitting on that couch reading a book or, my favorite thought, chasing a couple of happily screaming children from the kitchen to the bedroom sliding on those hardwood floors.

My life fits into that picture and that's how design should be. You shouldn't design or have someone design a home you think others expect you to have or in order to look like everyone else. You should design a room that fits your life. Design just cleans it up and makes it look good :)





1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! I love this room too! And I love what you had to say about it, and especially about design in general in the last paragraph! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...